Welcome to Veg'n in the 'Burbs!

It seems you have stumbled onto the companion blog to Homesteadin' in the 'burbs. Congratulations! Here you will find a treasure trove of vegetarian and vegan recipes that my family loves! I may even throw in some frugal shopping tips if you are good *wink* So pull up a seat, have a cup of coffee and enjoy!

I also want to mention that we do not strictly eat vegetarian/vegan. We work these in as often as possible but we do eat meat...we are in the process of pinning down local organic meats and buy from halal markets or eat wild game. All recipes are intended to be vegetarian but are meat optional.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Homemade Sriracha





So I found a wonderful recipe for my favorite hot sauce on  The Kitchenette and thought I would give it a try. (Click that link for the recipe)  However I made a couple small tweeks.  Since I was using homecanned peppers (a mix of red jalapenos & scotch bonnet) I skipped the overnight soak. Also these were canned in apple cider vinegar so I used that for the vinegar.

Cooking vinegar and hot peppers WILL clear your sinuses very quickly!!!



this turned out wonderfully with a great flavor! A little off from storebought sriracha, but definitely worth making!!  I see myself making lots more of this in the future & have a date with Bianca from Vegan Crunk to make some more!!



No comments:

Post a Comment